Storytelling impact on travellers’ choices: what data tell us
Back from the great UNWTO / PATA Silk Road forum where TCI Research provided a data-based keynote to 300+ delegates on how storytelling impacts travelers’ choices. Snapshot of results presented from the TRAVELSAT Pulse research platform that combines survey-based and e-sentiment analysis:
- 35% of international travelers base their decision to chose a destination from peers’ stories;
- Storytelling is 5 times more influential than conventional advertising and 3 times more than special deals / offers.
- 1 in 5 like sharing their trip experience on social networks, forums, blogs, even with people they may not know.
- 1 in 10 post online several times a day while on vacation.
- Bucket list selfies are not enough anymore for creating a truly efficient storytelling.
- Detecting and engaging with destinations’ “ghost ambassadors” can make the difference.
- Mapping contextual sentiment drivers that can potentially spoil your storytelling efforts, is a must-do.
Curious to know more and receive our presentation? Contact us!
All about the event here.