TCI Research partners with the European Cities Marketing -the largest network gathering European Cities leaders – for providing custom insights to its members. The latest successful June conference in Funchal (Madeira) focused on the Sharing Economy issue that CTOs need to tackle with : “Dare to Share”.
Over 150 delegates from Europe and the US acting in destination marketing and sharing economy platforms shared views about opportunities and challenges taking account of both the city marketing, local impact and political agenda.
For this major event, TCI Research worked out and presented a special report featuring specific profiles and behaviors of travel sharing economy users compared to average visitors, as well as the impact on the visitor experience and cities competitiveness.
The key research findings captured high interest of the audience !
- A third of international visitors in Europe have used at least one of the sharing platform during their stay;
- Millennials are the early adopters, with higher social class and families over-represented in the segment;
- They are inspired by multiple media for choosing their destination (digital and many more !)
- They tend to experience the destination in a more open set-of-mind than average, enjoying what cities can offer at days and nights;
- 31% like sharing their travel experiences on social media even with strangers : they shape destination image !
- Their experience of the destination is better for accommodation, transportation and local people hospitality…
- … and their overall stay value for money is 34 points above the average (TRAVELSAT Index) !
The full report is available to ECM Members for free !